Chili Cookoff Team Application
Competition Rules and Team Registration
- Entry fee per team is 200 rmb (non-refundable) and each team can up to four “free entry” passes; additional support crew or team members will be required to pay event entry fee at the gate
- Teams can be independents, or sponsored by a corporation or restaurant, and should consist of one Head Chef, and up to three other members
- Entry form can submitted online via this link (LINK) or can be printed and dropped off at any Bubba’s to the attention of Ken Walker along with the entry fee
- The cook-off grounds will be set up on Friday night, and teams can come anytime after 8 p.m. to choose a location and drop off cooking equipment, decorations, etc
- Booth priority selection will be given to the top three placing teams from the 2012 cook-off (1st – KY Bob Hamilton, 2nd – DeRafter Bar, and 3rd – Dave Dehlman)
- Awards will be presented for Best Overall Chili, Best Chili Runner Up, Honorable Mention Chili, People’s Choice, and The G-Man Award for Best Theme/Showmanship
- The top three placing teams gain automatic invites to compete in the CASI International Terlingua Chili Cook-off in Texas in November
- Teams must cook chili onsite on the morning of September 21, pre-prep can take place at home, such as dicing onions, tomatoes, etc., or grinding/slicing peppers and spices; however, all cooking, browning, smoking, and sautéing must take place on the chili cook-off grounds
- Teams can arrive any time before 7 a.m. to set-up but cooking cannot start until 7 a.m.
- Each team should use a minimum of 10 pounds of meat, using their choice of chicken, pork, beef, lamb, goat, or any exotic legal meat they choose
- Beans will not be accepted, along with other “foreign objects” such as corn, rice, pasta, fruit, etc. Chili entries deemed to contain such items will be disqualified from judging
- You will need to bring your own cooking tools, such as portable gas burners, skillets, chili pot, serving ladle, chopping knives, cutting boards, etc
- Each team will have two working tables (standard IBM folding table) and an overhead tent measuring 3 m x 3 m
- You will also be responsible for decorating your booth based on your theme
- Official judging will take place using a blind tasting process as outlined by CASI. Chili will be judged based on color, aroma, and taste
- The People’s Choice Award will be decided by the public.
To register a team, please complete the following online form and submit; you will receive a confirmation that your entry has been received, at which point please make arrangements to submit your entry fee as soon as possible to secure your spot in the competition.
|Registration and Rules||37 KB|