Chili Cookoff Judge's Application
Bubba’s Seventh Annual Shanghai Chili Cook-off
September 15, 2012
Rules for Judging:
- Judges are divided into three groups to judge Bubba’s Chili Cook-off: Group A, Group B, and Final Judges
- Having Groups A + B ensures that we can keep the contest fair in case a few judges know teams competing in the event….so don’t worry if you know a team or two….just be sure and let us know
- You will need to arrive on the day at 11 a.m. and you will be sequestered until the judging process is final for your particular group (1 p.m. for Groups A and B, and 2 p.m. for the Final Judges)
- You are not allowed to visit the cook off grounds upon arrival or interact with any teams, just proceed to the second floor and check in with Mark Brown, Head Judge
- Chili entries are to be judged based on Appearance, Aroma, and Flavor
- As a Group A or Group B judge, you will taste half of all entries; as a Final Judge you will judge the top ranked chilies, which will equal to half the overall entries
- We take this contest seriously and follow CASI rules strictly, and expect you to be unbiased and fair in judging the entries within your group
- If you know a group that is competing, we need to know in advance so we can place you in the appropriate group for judging
- We do not allow smoking during the judging, but will provide plenty of beer to clear the pallet between tastes
Complete the following information and e-mail it back for our files. We will contact you ahead of the cook-off to let you know if you will be judging the event.
All booked up for judges this year!
|Judge Application 2012||29 KB|